The year 2021 was busy for federal agencies. Now that fiscal year 2021 contract awards have settled, we wanted to share with you a snapshot of the success we’ve seen on the Marketplace. Download the full report to get access to more stats, pro tips, information on competition and PALT, product and service examples, and more!
Unison Marketplace has enabled agencies to increase efficiencies, drive competition and avoid costs. In FY21 1102s awarded over 11,000 buys and saved over $195M! In addition, more than 60,000 Sellers bid over 156,000 times on requirements run through the Marketplace.
Save Time on Simple Goods and Services and Focus More on Complex Requirements.
Throughout the fiscal year, procurement professionals use Product and Service Codes (PSC), and NAICs to classify the commodity goods and services they purchase. We use this data to help track the products and services that come through the Marketplace. Year-over-year our top categories remain consistent—proof that these types of requirements work well.
- IT and Telecom equipment, software, and supplies: $455M+ in transaction volume and $67M+ in savings
- Furniture: $54M+ in transaction volume and $3M+ in savings
- Communication, Detection, and Coherent Radiation Equipment: $40M+ in transaction volume and $2M+ in savings
- IT and Telecom: $158M+ in transaction volume and $52M+ in savings
- Maintenance, Repair, and Rebuilding of Equipment: $13M+ in transaction volume and $2M+ in savings
- Housekeeping Services: $12M+ in transaction volume and $1M+ in savings
A Level Playing Field Gives Underserved Communities the Opportunity to Bid and Win.
On January 20, 2021, the Executive Order on Advancing Racial Equity and Support for Underserved Communities Through the Federal Government was issued by President Biden. The order states “...the Federal Government should pursue a comprehensive approach to advancing equity for all, including people of color and others who have been historically underserved, marginalized, and adversely affected by persistent poverty and inequality.” We are happy to report that underserved communities have flourished on the Marketplace.
- MO: 29.5% of Contracts Awarded
- SD: 31.1% of Contracts Awarded
- WO: 25.1% of Contracts Awarded
A Variety of Socio-economic Set-asides Results in Small Business Utilization Fulfillment.
Every year, in coordination with the U.S. Small Business Association (SBA), the government-wide and agency socio-economic category goals are established. These goals instruct agencies in how much of their contracting dollars should be awarded to small businesses.
In FY21 93% of Contracts awarded through Unison Marketplace went to Small Businesses—putting nearly $1 Billion into the hands of Small Businesses around the country.
* Please note, some companies may fall under multiple set-aside categories.
Innovation to Keep You Going
The Unison Marketplace Product team works hard to ensure government procurement professionals have the tools they need to succeed. Based on customer feedback and government regulations, the Marketplace is updated with new features and enhancements. Here are a few to highlight from FY21.
- Contracting Method identification for LPTA, Tradeoff, or Sources Sought: Learn more »
- Updated Seller Attachment Requirements: Learn more »
- PDF Package Enhancements: Learn more »
Find more information, including tips on maximizing your use of the marketplace, download the full report below.